For many Americans, a normal weekday morning routine begins with a hot cup of coffee watching the news followed by a quick shower and an even quicker breakfast. But what if there was a better way to start your day that had the added benefit of providing your body and mind with a plethora of health benefits? Beginning your day with a tall glass of water before your morning coffee will get you mentally and physically prepared for the day ahead along with providing you with lots of other health advantages. When you really think about it, what easier way is there to ensure a great start to your day?
Morning Water Therapy; Benefits of Drinking Water in the Morning on an Empty Stomach After Waking Up
1. Improve memory and concentration: Your brain is one of the most important organs in the body and one that requires an abundance of water to perform properly. Water provides electrical energy for essential brain functions including your memory and thought processes. Drinking water first thing in the morning will help you to stay focused, think faster and be more creative throughout the day. Other advantages include an enhanced sense of clarity and mental well-being.
2. Improve your metabolism: According to recent research studies drinking 20 ounces of water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach can increase your metabolic rate by 30%. Other advantages include encouraging your body’s digestive systems to begin to efficiently break down and digest food the moment you eat your first meal of the day.
3. Alleviate Indigestion & Heartburn: When you sip a glass of water first thing in the morning, it helps to flush food acids away from your esophagus that may have accumulated during the night. Plus you experience the added benefit of flushing acid build up off of your teeth.
4. Prevent kidney stones: Drinking water first thing in the morning will help to dilute substances found in urine that can develop into kidney stones. Experts recommend drinking at least a half-gallon of water throughout the day with a slice of lemon. Lemons are an abundant source of citric acid which also helps to stop painful kidney stones from forming.
5. Stop a headache before it begins: According to medical experts, dehydration is one of the leading causes of headaches. Drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning along with sipping water throughout the day will help you stay hydrated and stop a headache from forming and taking shine off of your day.
6. Flush toxins from your body: By keeping your small intestine properly hydrated and your water levels properly balanced you are ensuring that waste products are properly eliminated when you urinate. When you really think about it, its simple math, the more your drink the more you urinate; the more toxins are being flushed out of your system to keep your body healthy.
7. Keep things properly moving: Drinking a refreshing glass of water first thing in the morning will regulate your digestive system and keep your body functions working correctly. Drinking water throughout the day will further ensure that your digestive system keeps moving smoothly when you experience a bowel movement.
8. Help stop you getting sick: Your lymphatic system is an essential part of your immune system and it needs to stay properly hydrated to keep it working at optimal performance levels. A glass of water in the morning can help keep your healthy by warding off congestion and ensuring that body has efficient drainage.
Water Filtration & Purification Treatments in Naples, Cape Coral, Fort Myers & Lehigh Acres, Florida
To learn more about the benefits of drinking pure fresh water in your Fort Myers, Florida home including water filtration systems, reverse osmosis and much more, contact the experienced professionals at AAA Water Team today.