One of the most nauseating smells to the majority of people is the smell of rotten eggs, though there are quite a few odors that can trigger the nausea. Where most people associate the rotten eggs smell with potential gas leaks, or rotting eggs in the fridge, the rotten egg smell can actually be coming from the water supply. Not only is this a disgusting smell, but it is also a potential health risk to anyone consuming the water including you, your family, and your pets. Generally, this smell is produced from when water is exposed to air, causing the South Florida wells comes to release the Hydrogen Sulfide when it does. Bearing this mind, we at AAA Water Team would like to continue to elaborate on the rotten egg smell coming from your water supply.
Hydrogen Sulfide Source of Rotten Egg Smell in Water
Water containing hydrogen sulfide, causing the rotten egg smell. In groundwater, hydrogen sulfide, a gas, occurs naturally. From the underground deposits of organic matter in the state of decomposition is where it develops. Through springs, the hydrogen sulfide can also breach surface water in addition to it being found in wells. Entering the water supply can become an issue and raise concerns. Drinking water contaminated with high levels of concentration can change the taste of the water in addition to the heavy rancid smell it emits. When wells are drilled in proximity to coal or oil fields in addition to wells drill in the midst of shale or sandstone, the hydrogen sulfide is usually always present. Emitting the foul smell is only part of the effects of hydrogen sulfide. It can tarnish the silverware as well as corrode metals including copper, brass, iron, and steel.
Ozone Water Purification Treatment
Using ozone is a more effective disinfectant solution that rapidly reacts with viruses and bacteria, especially when compared to other options such as chlorine. It will improve taste, eliminate odor, and Ozone Purification has the ability to reduce the levels of sulfur, iron, and manganese in your water. As a primary disinfection, Ozone is a suitable option. As it converts sulfides, it transforms it into solid sulfur. The slime produced by the bacteria from sulfur is broken down. You should immediately contact AAA Water team in the event you begin smelling the rotten egg smell in your water supply. Though smaller doses may only produce the foul odors, long-term exposure and higher levels of Hydrogen Sulfide can cause illness and nausea.
Advantages of Ozone Water Purifiers
1) Especially when compared to chlorination, Ozone is a natural sterilizer and has stronger germicidal properties as it purifies water 300 times more effectively.
2) Being environmentally friendly, ozone leaves no aftertaste or smell. Your water is left oxygen enriched after the ozone if finished with the sterilization process, and the oxygen is dissipated.
3) An assortment of organic, inorganic and microbiological problems, such as viruses, bacteria, and protozoans like Giardia and Cryptosporidium are eliminated through Ozone treatment.
4) Like other purification systems, this treatment process does not add chemicals to the water.
5) Being effective over a wide pH range of levels, Ozone has a very strong oxidizing power with a short reaction time. With a rapid reaction, the water is cleared of the bacteria, viruses, and protozoans. Your aeration tanks are cleaned with Ozone and prevents sulfur and slime that often attracts frogs and lizards.