Cooking with water that smells like rotten eggs is not really all that appetizing. Bathing, cleaning, washing clothes, and other water needs is not attractive prospects when it smells like rotten eggs. It is critical to pinpoint the cause and implement an immediate solution should the smell of rotten eggs take over your home every time you turn on the water. Also, it is more than enough to stress you out, even if it is not harmful to your home or dangerous to your health. With this in mind, we at AAA Water Team would like to discuss with rotten egg smells in your water.
Why Does Water Smell Like Sulfur?
Water that contains hydrogen sulfide is the most common cause of a rotten egg smell. It can still result in an extremely bad smell even if there is only a small amount in your water. Hydrogen sulfide will not impact your health, despite the odor. To turn on the water, it is nothing more than a bad smell that can scare you away from wanting instead.
Source of Rotten Egg Smells in Water
To determine the source is another thing entirely, as it is one thing to understand the cause of the smell.
– It is probably related to your plumbing system or well water if the smell is present regardless of water temperature.
– Also, it may be probably related to your hot water heater should the smell is only present when using hot water.
– You may have a problem with the pipes or drains in that area in the event the smell is only coming from one faucet or one room.
How to Get Rid of Sulfur Smell in Water
It is time to take action after you determine the source of the problem. Below are a few ideas to consider.
1) Clean and Clear Out Your Water Heater: Turn it off and flush it entirely in the event the smell is coming from your water heater. After the heater is empty, refill it and turn it up to 160 degrees, and let it run for a while. Any bacteria are generally killed with this.
2) Whole House Water Filter Installation: To your problem, a whole house water filtration system may be the best answer. In addition to eliminating the odor, it will also improve the overall quality of your water.
3) Clean Your Plumbing Pipes: Turning on all the faucets in your home and letting them run for a period of 5 to 10 minutes is how to get this done. Before testing, turn off the water and wait a few minutes after that step. You may be able to remove the smell once and for all by clearing out the pipes.
Whole House Water Filtration & Purification Systems in Golden Gate Estates, Naples, Cape Coral, Fort Myers & Lehigh Acres, Florida
Do not wait another day to find the cause and resolve the issue if your water smells like rotten eggs. You can once again run the water in your home without covering your nose after the smell will is gone. To help purify and treat your water, call in the professionals of AAA Water Team.