Water is the best thing you can drink. Consider the fact that our bodies are made up of more than two-thirds water, it makes sense that it’s important to keep it well hydrated. Water is what your organs need to function, as it flushes toxins out and helps your body work to the best of its ability.
Importance of Water in Human Life
1. Elimination of toxins. You don’t need to spend extra money buying detox programs. When we drink water, it travels through our body and pulls impurities out with it. Plain water works naturally in removing impurities as it makes its way through the lymphatic system, kidneys and intestines. The best thing about it is that it won’t cost you any money!
2. Proper digestion. The digestive system works a lot better when water moves through it. It also works to prevent added bulk to stools and fluid in the colon.
3. Healthy bones and blood. Your blood is made up of over 80 percent water, so the right amount of hydration will allow the body to move nutrients in the blood which will make the red blood cells stronger and will send nutrients like calcium to your bones. To optimize the creation of new bone and blood cells, hydration is key.
4. Joint lubrication. Joints are surrounded by fluid that allows them to move freely. This fluid has water in it of course, so if the joints are hydrated, then they will perform to their best function. The water in the fluid works in protection against wear and tear and can reduce joint pain.
5. Healthy skin. Water works in hydrating from the inside out and will maintain the elasticity of our skin. The more hydrated our skin is, the younger it will look with the added healthy glow of youthful skin.
6. Improved brain function. Dehydration can lead to headaches, irritability, fatigue and impaired concentration. Our brains are made up of 85 percent water, so when we drink water, the brain is hydrated and is able to function better.
How to Drink More Water Everyday
Men should consume about 13 cups of fluids every day and women should get about 9 cups. Men should consume more because they’re usually larger than women and have more muscle mass that holds water better than fat. Drinking all that water can seem like torture. You can add flavor to it like slices of fruit or veggies or make it a habit to drink a glass of water each time you go to the bathroom. You can download apps to track your water consumption. If you need a sugary drink, you can water it down. Keep a gallon of water nearby to make refills more convenient. Filtered water tastes better, so invest in a filter to make drinking more of it enjoyable and opt for mineral water or sparkling water over soda. Choose a water bottle that is marked so you can strive to reach your water goals each day.
Water Filtration Systems in Naples, Cape Coral, Fort Myers & Lehigh Acres, Florida
Dehydration occurs when you don’t have enough water in your system. Symptoms of dehydration include dry mouth, headaches, dizziness, low blood pressure, dry skin, and the worst, fatigue. Make sure your water tastes great so you can drink lots of it, getting all the health benefits you can. Call AAA Water Team for all your water filtration needs.