It’s a beautiful summer day and you are dressed and ready to go on a day hike! You have some sandwiches made, fruit packed, and a drink in your daypack. But is one bottle of water enough? Have you ever stopped to think that when you sweat your body loses water, and if you don’t replace the water you become dehydrated? Dehydration makes you more susceptible to heat exhaustion which can be serious. Some of the signs of dehydration include diminished urination, dry mouth and dizziness when standing. You should drink at least 64 ounces of water a day and even more if you are doing anything physical in the hot weather. At AAA Water Team our drinking water filtration systems are a simple, cost-effective solution to providing cleaner, better tasting water for you and your family. Remember -The best thing to quench your thirst is water.
The experts at AAA Water Team have provided the following 5 tips to staying hydrated in the summer heat:
1. Don’t wait until you are thirsty to drink, by the time you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated.
2. Carry a water bottle with you and drink from it regularly. With AAA Water Team home water filtration systems, you can get bottled-water quality water without the disposable bottle.
3. Drink at least 8 cups of water each day, even more during the summer months.
4. Add interest to your AAA Water Team purified water by adding natural flavors like lemon, lime or other fruit like sliced strawberries or try cucumbers or mint leaves for a refreshing boost of flavor.
5. Keep a full bottle of water available in your refrigerator door. Instead of reaching for a soda reach for the water instead.
Effects of Constant Dehydration
Being out in the sun and heat doesn’t only cause dehydration; the sun can also burn and damage your skin. UV rays are harmful year round so always use a sunscreen and wear a hat and sunglasses. Protect yourself against ticks and mosquitoes; not only are these pests annoying they have the potential to carry diseases such as Lyme disease and West Nile virus. To help repel ticks, always use insect repellent on your body and clothes and walk in the middle of a cleared path. Wear light colored clothing with long sleeves and pant legs. When you return home, do a systematic body check paying special attention to moist, sticky areas. To help repel mosquitoes use an insect repellent containing Deet for skin and clothes. Don’t use hairspray or perfumed body lotions before leaving the house, these products have a tendency to attract mosquitoes.
Professional Water Filtration System Solutions in Naples, Fort Myers, Cape Coral and Lehigh Acres FL
If you are interested in finding out more about providing pure and healthy water for your family, Contact AAA Water Team and speak with a customer service professional today. Our water treatment systems can ensure that your family has water that is not only clean, but also free of harmful microorganisms.